European Meatballs Stuffed with Pâté de Campagne
Print de recipe
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 16 Meatballs
||package of Tour Eiffel Pepper Country Style Pâté (150 g), cut into 16 cubes
||olive oil (2 tbsp)
||chopped garlic cloves
||white wine (¼ cup)
||canned diced tomatoes (2 cans)
||medium ground beef
||chopped parsley (2 tsp)
||Italian bread crumbs (¼ cup)
||torn basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a skillet on medium heat, lightly sauté garlic in the olive oil, add the white wine and reduce by half. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and simmer on low.
- In a bowl, combine beef, eggs, parsley and bread crumbs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and divide mixture into 16 portions. Place a cube of pâté in the centre of each portion and roll into balls. Place meatballs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the basil 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve 4 meatballs per person on a bed of rice.
Note: Try it with our other varieties of Tour Eiffel Country Style Pâté (150 g): Country, Cognac or Fine Herbs.