Black Forest Ham and Quinoa Wraps
Print the recipe
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2 wraps
||package of Tour Eiffel Black Forest Smoked Ham (175 g) sliced
||quinoa (½ cup)
||chicken stock (1 cup)
||orange (rind and juice)
||Dijon mustard (2 tsp)
||mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
||maple syrup (1 tsp)
||small red pepper, chopped into small cubes
||chopped Italian parsley (1 tbsp)
||cherry tomatoes, halved
||frisée lettuce leaves
- Bring to boil chicken stock in a large pot along with rind and juice of half the orange. Add the quinoa, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes. When done, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile combine the Dijon mustard, mayonnaise and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add red pepper, parsley and tomato to the cooled quinoa, and mix well. Set aside.
- Place 1 or 2 lettuce leaves on your work surface and remove the stem without cutting them in half. Place 3 slices of ham on each leaf. Spread with condiment mixture. Add quinoa mixture. Roll the lettuce and secure with 2 toothpicks.
- Cut the wraps in half and serve with homemade soup or a tasty cucumber salad and the remaining quinoa.
Note: To save time, you can prepare the quinoa the night before.