Spicy Potato Cakes Stuffed with Pâté de Foie
Print the recipe
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 14 potato cakes
||package of Tour Eiffel Liver Pâté (150 g), cut into 14 cubes
||medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
||cubed cream cheese – 1 package (1 cup)
||chopped chipotle peppers in their sauce
||chipotle sauce (2 tsp)
||bread crumbs (1 cup)
||flour (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- Place potatoes and garlic cloves in a pot, cover with water and boil for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash, together with the cheese, chopped peppers in their sauce and half the bread crumbs. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile cut pâté into 14 cubes. Once the potato mixture has cooled, divide into 14 portions. Insert a cube of pâté in the centre using your finger. Seal the pâté in the mixture by forming a cake. Repeat with remaining portions.
- Place flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Add a little salt and pepper to the bread crumbs.
- Flour the cakes, dip them in the egg and roll them in the bread crumb mixture.
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a skillet and heat. Brown the potato cakes, then place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve 2 cakes per person accompanied by your favourite salad.
Note: If you prefer a less spicy dish, reduce the quantity of chipotle pepper and do not use its sauce. Try also with Tour Eiffel Garlic Liver Pâté (150 g). This dish freezes well.