Tourangelle Tarts Stuffed with Parisian Ham Rillettes
Print the recipe
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8-10 pieces
||package of Tour Eiffel Parisian Ham Rillettes (150 g)
||milk (¾ cup)
||cooking cream (2 tbsp)
||nutmeg (¼ tsp)
||package frozen tart shells, thawed (255 g)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Gently simmer milk and rillettes. Using a fork, break up the rillettes. Stir occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Fold in the hot mixture of milk and rillettes. Add the cream and a pinch of nutmeg, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Beat again.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shells, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: To make this recipe into a meal, simply replace the tart shells with a 23 cm (9-inch) pie shell. If you are using a homemade pie shell, we recommend baking it at 175 °C (350 °F) for 10 minutes beforehand to prevent it from absorbing too much liquid.